In the last few weeks, I have started accumulating a list of things to accomplish while in Japan.
Note: This list is subject to additions and revisions upon further educating myself on life in Japan.
JAPAN BUCKET LIST
- 1. Climb to the summit of Mount Fuji and watch the sunrise from the top.
- 2. Understand 50% of the Japanese spoken around me by the end of my year long contract. (this is ambitious… but I will do my best!)
- 3. Go to an Onsen (Hot Spring Bath)
- 4. Learn to make sushi
- 5. Learn Calligraphy
- 6. Show artwork in a gallery in Japan.
- 7. Try Kyudo (Japanese archery)
- 8. Travel to Japan’s 4 major islands.
- 9. Know all 800 student’s names in my high school.
- 10. Join an after school club activity.
- 11. Learn to be a boss on a snowboard and/or ski’s
- 12. Visit the snow monkeys!
- 13. Start a new organization or club of some kind in my community
- 14. Wear a kimono with cowboy boots. (International exchange! Oh, that isn’t what you had in mind?)
- 15. Learn to sing karaoke in Japanese.
- 16. Go to a Japanese musician’s concert.
That’s all I got so far. If you have any suggestions let me know.
Snow monkeys. Because I know you were wondering what the heck they were.